Gurla Mandata Expedition
The Mount Gurla Mandata (Namo Nani) is the neighboring mountain, which is situated very close by the sacred called the mountain Kailash. It lies in the western side's Himalayan ranges lying in the Burang part of Tibet. The local people call it the Namo Nani means the "Fairy's Peak" and it is made of with six ridges. The west ridge is like the Fan shaped and East Ridge is with very much steeper cliffs. Towards its North the holy lake Manasarovar and Langatse are situated. Gurla Mandata's base camp is situated on the on the glacier at 5600m, high.
Gural Mandata (Namo Nani) Mountain was first climbed by Sino-Japanese expedition in 1985. After that only 5 ascent up there have been made till to date to this mountain. Presently according to the recent data, a French expedition team has climbed this mountain.
The way to the ascent goes via Zalonpa glacier from the Northern slope. From the top of the Gurla Mandata, you can see the beautiful sparkling lakes Manasariver and Rakchays (Demond lake); and then the mountain Kailash peak can be seen along with this on its background. The ascent can be started from the Zalunpa glacier.
The famous mount Kailash peak and Manasarovar Lake are on the way to this Gurla Mandata Expedition trip and mostly the Indian Hindu visitors are found thronging to visit this holy places as pilgrimage in a huge number.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu Transfer to hotel
Day 02: Stay in Kathmandu for Tibet visa procedure
Day 03: Stay in Kathmandu for expedition prepration.
Day 04: Drive to Zangmu (235cm). Overnight in hotel
Day 05: Drive to Nyalam. (3750m). Overnight in hotel
Day 06: Nyalam, rest day and acclimatization
Day 07: Trek to Lake Paiko Tso. Overnight in camp
Day 08: Drive to saga. Overnight in camp
Day 09: Drive to Pariyang. Overnight in camp
Day 10: Drive to Darehen. Overnight in camp
Day 11: Trek to Dhiraphuk Gompa Overnight in camp.
Day 12: Trek over Drolma Pass to Zutulphuk, Overnight in camp
Day 13: Trek to Darche and drive to Mansarovar, Overnight in camp
Day 14: Drive to Gurla Mandata Base Camp
Day 15-34: Climbing Period Gurla Mandata
Day 35: Cleaning up Base Camp
Day 36: Drive to Pariyang Overnight in camp
Day 37: Drive to Saga. Overnight in camp
Day 38: Drive to Paiko Tso. Overnight in camp
Day 39: Drive to Nyalan Overnight in hotel
Day 40: Drive to Kathmandu Transfer to hotel
Day 41: Kathmandu
Day 42: Departure
- 5 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast (3 star hotel).
- Expert professional Nepalese expedition crews like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide and mountaineering gears till to the ABC are provided; and our crews get all expedition facilities from our office itself.
- Tibet visa & Travel Permit for the expedition crew
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet side Zhangmu, Nyalam (bed & breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- Base Camp - Advance Base Camp 1 tent for 1 person (North Face brand) Dining tent, Table, Chairs, toilet tent, Mess tent & Kitchen tent
- Per person's (40 KG) Load is carried by the Yak till to the from Base Camp to ABC
- Per person's (30 KG) Load is carried by the Yak on the way back to the ABC to the BC
- Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Base Camp - Zhangmu (vice versa) are provided the Mini bus/Jeep for the members & Truck for the equipment
- Peak permit for Gurla Mandata
- Tibet Visa & Travel permit
- Liaison officer & Interpreter
- Nepalese crew' insurance
- ABC - Oxygen for Emergency but you must pay for its use.
- Satellite phone (Pay call).
- Expedition T-shirts with Expedition label
- Welcome dinner
Cost does not Include
- Air travel to and from Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Laundry, postage, telephone calls, and all other items of personal nature.
- Entry visa and Re-entry visa for Nepal.
- Personal Expenses.
- Medical and rescue insurance.
- Personal Climbing equipment.
- Bar bills & Beverage.
- Medicine and first aid expenses
- Garbage Deposit and Deposit fee will be not refund if clients (climber) don't take back their garbage.
- Extra yak.