Kanchenjunga, at 8,586m, is the third-highest peak in the world and the second-highest in Nepal. It was first climbed by a British team in 1956. The peak consists of four summits. The west summit, Yalung Kang, is 8420m high and some people classify it as a separate 8000m. Peak.
The first Westerner to explore Kanchenjunga was the British botanist JD Hooker, who visited the area twice in 1848 and 1849. Exploration of the Sikkim, side of the peak continued with both British and pundit explorers mapping and photographing until 1899. In that year a party led by Douglas fresh field made a circuit of Kanchanjunga and produced what is still one of the most authoritative maps of the region.
Exploration continued, mostly from the Sikkim side, starting from Darjeeling in British India. One of the major contributors to Western knowledge about the region was Dr AM Kellas, who later died in Tibet during the approach of the 1921 Everest expedition. German expeditions attacked the peak in 1929, 1930 and again in 1931, but none was successful. After the Sikkim was closed but Nepal was open. In 1955 a team led by Dr Charl as Evans approached the peak via the Yalung Glacier.
The Japanese then took up the challenge and mounted expeditions in 1967, 1973 and n1974. When they climbed Yalung Kang. A German Expedition climbed Yalung Kang in 1975, and in Indian army team mounted the second successful expeditions to the main peak of Kanchanjunga.
Day 01:- Arrival Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
Day 02:- Prepare for expedition
Day 03:- Expedition Briefing in Ministry of Tourism
Day 04:- Fly to Badrapur & drive Medibung
Day 05:- Trek to Sinam - Camping
Day 06:- Trek to Kabele dhovan- Camping
Day 07:- Trek to Khebang – Camping
Day 08:- Trek to Yamphudin 1670m – Camping
Day 09:- Yamphudin – Chitre (Omje Khola) Camping
Day 10:- Chittre – Toronden - Camping
Day 11:- Toronden – Tseram - Camping
Day 12:- Tseram – Ramze – Camping
Day 13:- Ramze – Glacier – Camping
Day 14:-Glacier – Kanchanjunga B.C.
Day 15 –43:- Climbing period Kanchanjunga 8586m.
Day 44:- Base Camp – Ramje - Camp
Day 45:- Ramje – Amije Khola - Camp
Day 46:- Amije – Yamphudin - Camp
Day 47:- Yamphuding – Khewang - Camp
Day 48:- Khewang – Sinam - Camp
Day 49:- Sinam- Medibung-Camp
Day 50:- Drive to Bhadrapur-Hotel
Day 51:- fly to Kathmandu
Day 52:- Kathmandu
Day 53:- Final Departure
- Permit Fee (Royalty) Kanchenjunga
- 5 nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast
- Itinerary is all drive to Ilam Bazaar, drive to Biratnagar & fly Kathmandu.
- Full board trekking with lodge & Food for BC Expedition period
- Porter or Kanchanjunga BC & while back
- Equipment: trekking equipment for BC, 1 tent for 2 persons, dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses
- All kitchen equipment for BC
- Staff allowance, Liaison office allowances, equipment allowances, flight ticket, insurance
- Permit and National park fees
- All transfer airport-hotel-airport
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Kitchen helper
- All necessary taxes
- Agency service charge
Cost does not Include
- PERSONAL equipment for climbing
- Personal Insurance of
- Climbing food, Gas & stove.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter
- Radio Permit
- Climbing Sherpa,
- Personal expenses etc.
- Custom clearances in Kathmandu airport.